Thursday 14 June 2012

Wedding Make up

My Wedding Make Up
My wedding was a low key affair, with only close friends and family. But like any girl, I did want to look my best, and classy. Neither shimmery, nor glittery, just enhancing my best features, with just a bit of highlighting and concealing the last minute pimple. Now I did not use the BB creme, I believe you could, if you are lucky enough not to have panda eyes. I used the Maybelline Wonder Finish in some cinnamon color, to suit my medium skin. The powder finish gave a lovely matte finish. I believe it's no longer available on their website.

As for my Bourjois make up, they resisted the (wear, and) tears. The blush gave a lovely blushing bride glow, but paler skins would need shades of pink, or cherry. You may want to wear a matte pink or coral shade under the lipgloss, because any gloss wears off easily anyway, and more so if you are a bride, with all the kissing, and probably eating :D I wore Estee Lauder in Coral, for its hydrating factor and creamy texture.
I used the minimal amount of products a bride could possibly use. I had planned smokey eyes, but found the Bourjois smokey in black too harsh for a bride with undereye bags (which came from too much stress, I presume!) I hence mixed a bit of white and gold eye shadow (both from an old Maybelline eye quartet) and brushed them in a light wash on my eyes, keeping the pale shimmer only to my eyelids. I completed the look with a thin flick of Reserve Naturelle Black eyeliner, and several coats of black L'Oreal Telescopic mascara.

I did have a small pinkish pimple on my cheek, but decided to ignore it. I rather enjoyed the feeling of being a bride, and the beaming glow hid any imperfection my skin may have.

Doing my make up myself, I absolutely wanted to escape the MASK. You know, when you don't usually wear a lot of make up, hire a make up artist for your wedding, who gives you very pale white greyish skin...shudder! Your wedding make up should be an extension of your usual look, just a lil more elaborated. Never ever try something new, or something you are not used to. You will feel uncomfortable, and it will be pretty obvious. You want your husband to find you beautiful, you want him to see the woman he fell for, not a completely different woman. (Unless he likes you to morph into someone else...) (Eeks, in which case you should be askin yourself a few questions may be..:D)


No comments:

Post a Comment