Saturday 9 June 2012

That near-perfect complexion! YAY!

For my first post, I choose to speak of skin care/ coverage.
Like any busy mum who lives in a hot, humid country, I have been praying to find a product that provides coverage, moisturises my dry skin, yet is light and wearable during the day. What I have tried before has given me only partial satisfaction- Maybelline's Powder Finish in Cinnamon, which I used for my wedding, was long lasting and matte. Ideal for nightwear, but absolutely unwearable during the summer in Mauritius (unless you are sitting under an AC)
The media's been feeding us with this new trend of Blemish Balm creams. BB creme from Garnier has got to be your next buy if you want to skip heavy creamy sticky foundation, which cannot be worn in Mauritian tropical summer, (and if you want to avoid looking grey by the end of a party).

The BB creme I recommend!

So basically, you have an all in one product that nourishes the skin, hides little tidbits like blackheads, unwaxed moustaches (oh mums, don't you know the pain...). Though my complexion is medium fair, I bought the Light one. (Not available in Mauritius I believe, bought it from Boots, UK.) It is also easy to remove, has an SPF 15, is suitable for Asian complexions, as well as lighter ones, has a light texture.
If you wear a hijaab, you may not want to wear anything that will stain it. Believe me this cream won't. Instead of a mask type coverage, it simply is a tinted moisturiser that provides enough camouflage to hide little imperfections until your next facial! So do give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment